How much does it cost to live in Freedom Village?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the ROC’s mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, members get their membership fee back if they sell their homes.
- The current lot rent for Co-op Members is $475 per month with a $25 discount available for timely payment. Non-Members pay 30 percent higher lot rent.
- The one-time membership fee is $300.
- Find more info about the application process here.